Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Who am I?

After pondering upon who I am for a long time, I came to a conclusion that it was impossible for me to identify myself without my faith. Without Christ in the picture of my life, there is no purpose or hope; He is my identity. In that note, the goal of my life is to be a light to the world rather than the darkness of the world. As it was mentioned in the Bible, “Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise the father in heaven,” I think shining the light within myself, reflecting Christ in everything that I do, would be the first priority of my life. As it also says, no one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead he puts it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light. I want to expose what I have to offer to this world.
When I first wanted to pursue architecture, I really wanted to become an architect that reflects what God already did as the great architect Himself. It was when I first visited the Grand Canyon that heightened my consciousness to recognize the greatness of God Himself and His creation. Because we are made in the image of God, I believe that the gift of a creative mind is given to all men. All they have to do is search, build, and practice that talent.
Even though I do not know at this point of my life if I want to pursue architecture, I will continue to seek to imitate and follow after God; it is still my desire to create, whether it may be creative design or creative thought. I seek to shine the light that was given from above in hoping that it will be a little help to light the darkness of this world, positively affecting the lives of the people in this world.

No comments: